Making the decision to get a tattoo removed is a big deal. Understanding what to expect from the process doesn’t have to be. Here’s some straight talk from our team.
1. WILL TATTOO REMOVAL HURT?
Some people say tattoo removal feels like a rubber band snap. Others say it’s like an electric shock. Everyone’s a little different so that’s no surprise.
We recommend taking the edge off and provide all clients with an Rx-strength topical anesthetic cream pre-treatment and utilize a cooling system during treatment to keep skin nice and cool. We have detailed post-treatment instructions to help minimize pain throughout the whole process.
2. HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST?
Expect to invest more than you did on that new pair of jeans or your last Botox® treatment. For a complete removal, most clients pay between $1,500-$3,000.
Huge disclaimer: No two tattoos are exactly the same. Depth, ink color and particle size, size of the tattoo and location on the body all contribute to cost. So, if you come in with a sleeve or a huge back piece with lots of dense ink, expect to pay more.
During our complimentary consul, we’ll use our plastic surgeon-developed InkAnalytics® diagnostics platform to provide you with the most accurate quote that’s in alignment with your goal.
Real talk: We’re not going to be the cheapest in town, because you get what you pay for—25% of our clients started somewhere else and came to us because they want the best. And we tell people to shop around – it’s a big decision (your skin!) and there’s lots of emotion involved. We get that.
Integrity is our most important value as a company, so we promise to shoot straight and take good care of you.
3. HOW LONG UNTIL MY TATTOO IS COMPLETELY GONE?
More real talk: We’re talking a year here, maybe more. But good things come to those who wait – and we pride ourselves on being the best.
Using our advanced PicoWay® Laser technology, most tattoos are removed in as few as 8 visits, with sessions scheduled 8 to 10 weeks apart. Successful removal requires treatment and healing – there’s no benefit to rushing treatments. So, we’ll use the time to get to know each other and enjoy the ride.
Like most things in life, you’re going to get out what you put in. For example, stopping smoking (probably a good idea anyway) can shorten the treatment cycle because your body can use its natural devices to process the ink more efficiently when it’s not wrestling with other stuff.
We see many clients who use tattoo removal as the start of a positive domino effect in other parts of their lives!
4. WILL MY TATTOO BE COMPLETELY GONE?
We’re going to be upfront with you in the consultation process, and if we don’t think we can remove your tattoo we’ll tell you before we waste your time or money.
That said, most tattoos can be entirely removed using our array of PicoWay® laser wavelengths and hands-on experience from 60,000+ treatments.
The speed at which PicoWay® Laser technology works (we’re talking one trillionth of a second) disrupts and removes ink at the molecular level. It’s more effective and efficient – and safer for people with a variety of skin types.
Based on the specific characteristics of your tattoo and your skin, our laser professionals will be open with you about what level of removal is possible.
5. WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE INVISIBLE INK?
Here’s our honest take. Sometimes it isn’t too good to be true. Sometimes it’s true.
- Integrity is our most important value, so we’re going to be up front and honest with you about the process, pain and the price. We treat our clients like our friends and family.
- We offer InkAnalytics® diagnostics which let us be transparent about your expected outcome, how many sessions you’ll need and how much it’ll cost – again, totally up front.
- We work with the best technology: FDA-approved 3-wavelength PicoWay® lasers, that are safe for everyone.
- We have the country’s most experienced laser managers in tattoo removal, with more than 60,000 successful treatments under our belts.
- All we do is tattoo removal. No hair removal, skin rejuvenation, fat melting or any of the other buffet of stuff you’ll see elsewhere. We believe focus matters and makes us better! And we’re not going to try to sell you a bunch of other stuff when you’re here.
As you prepare for a consultation or treatment, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
We promise to tell you the truth.