Our values aren’t just lip service.
They are at the heart of everything we do.
We do what we say we’ll do, and always treat people as we would our own friends and family.
First and foremost, we are in the people business, always working to build trust in everything we do.
Using the Latest
Science & Technology
We are seekers and tellers of truth – embracing the spirit of continuous improvement at every step.
We are welcoming and inclusive. Everyone has a right to be (or change into) who they want to be.
At Invisible Ink, we all work for each other – celebrating all the wins and sweeping all the floors. Ink teams are the real deal.
Senior Director of Marketing – Austin, TX
Tattoo Removal Partners (“TRP”) was formed in 2019 by Normanby Capital to capitalize on the opportunity to be the global leader in the rapidly emerging and highly fragmented tattoo removal market, projected to reach $5 billion by 2023.
TRP has invested in four of North America’s largest specialist laser tattoo removal businesses: Invisible Ink Tattoo Removers and Eraser Clinic (both headquartered in Austin, TX), The Finery (Boston, MA) and Precision Laser (Toronto, ON).
Building from this base of four brands and 33 locations, TRP’s focus is to build a network of 200+ tattoo removal clinics across North America over the next 5 years – as well as establishing global operations – supported by world class shared services.
In support of these aims, TRP is completing the building out of its senior leadership team and there is a high need to add a Senior Director of Marketing to supplement its management team and build out this critical area. Our people are the key to our success as they deliver top quality service and care to our clients. Sourcing top talent and developing our people are thus critical success factors.
Fast Facts about the Company:
- Tattoo Removal Partners (TRP) formed in 2019 with a history of its operating businesses dating back to 2011
- Headquartered in Austin, Texas
- Largest U.S. tattoo removal specialist by locations and treatments
- 33 current locations with projections to grow to 200+ within five years and be the global leader in this emerging category
- Established brands using latest laser technology focused on high quality care
- Fragmented industry with no meaningful national competition
- Exciting category and company growth supported by recent private capital investment
- Experienced, motivated and talented management team; positive, supportive and energizing culture
Our Culture & Values:
At TRP we believe in supporting everyone through their tattoo evolution. And like our clients, we embrace change. We see ourselves as pioneers of this new market but are humble. Our working environment is driven by a clinically proven, human-oriented tattoo removal process that achieves results – and we do this without judgment. Our team feels privileged to play a role empowering our clients to become stronger, more confident and take control of their lives – to be who they want to be.
As such, we live by the values of trust, passion, purpose, focus and effectiveness. We strive to create a safe and honest experience for every person we connect with. In order to do this, we bring our whole selves to work knowing we are part of something bigger – a positive change in the tattoo community. Our clients rely on us to advance change in their lives and we are focused on leading and assuring with our deep expertise.
The Director of Marketing is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing company that provides services that help change peoples’ lives! This role will be instrumental in enabling the rapid growth of the organization.
PRINCIPAL SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing is a key member of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for all elements of customer marketing across the TRP network. This individual will build, lead and drive marketing programs for all businesses across the TRP network and play a critical role in our establishment as an organization with an ambitious growth strategy. This role will require an individual who has a humble and professional presence with a servant leadership style, is results and efficiency oriented, optimistic with a relationship building mindset, a superb communicator across a vast stakeholder group, and brings an entrepreneurial and pioneering spirit.
- Build a strategic plan to drive demand, lead volumes and new clients and; build awareness of TRP brands in existing and new markets
- Integrate and centralize marketing functions across existing businesses
- Lead the development and optimize digital marketing efforts (website, organic and paid search on both web and social media, electronic communication, etc.)
- Establish a framework to measure success of funnel optimization activities
- Relentless focus on optimizing consumer experience and effectiveness of website and social media
- Oversee program development to build relationships and drive referral across industry channels
- Develop procedures and practices to drive referrals from existing clients
- Effectively manage vendors and costs with a view of maximizing ROMI
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure effectiveness of marketing programs and spend
- Develop educational materials to be used in locations for prospective and new clients
- Functional responsibilities include:
- All brand and digital marketing strategy, planning and execution
- Media testing, planning, buying and evaluation
- Public relations
- Content marketing
- B2B channel management
- Clearly articulate the customer value proposition and build the narrative in a way that resonates with the desired audience
- Design, launch and drive campaigns that deliver new customers through the doors
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Results-oriented, high-performance coupled with upbeat, positive, “servant leadership” style. A high EQ coach, builder of lasting relationships, motivating leader and non-judgmental mindset
- Passion for what we do; belief that work is more than just a job. Open-minded, challenger and focused on continuous improvement
- Grower and a builder; comfortable with being uncomfortable. Not a corporate or big company bureaucrat; can embrace, evolve and thrive with change and exhibits a track record of agility. All with a growth-oriented, pioneering, entrepreneurial attitude
- Intellect; ability to think critically and systematically, break down challenges and test/learn mindset. Experience in tackling operational issues with a quantitative lens and translating metrics into action, in the field
- Leading from the front; not afraid to get into the weeds with the team and business partners, but possess the ability to zoom out, see the big picture and think strategically. Leads with character and integrity while setting a positive model for others through actions and high standards
- Candor and transparency; demonstrates the ability to connect with people by being direct and straightforward. Leans into challenges and brings the team along in the process
- Respectful and humble communication style with an energetic style
- Authentically relates and shares our values and culture
- Naturally creative … both in concept and process
- A strong desire to build a category defining company with a roll up your sleeves attitude
Candidates must have a minimum of ten years’ experience with a significant portion in a multi-location retail or medical related growing business. Ideal candidate will have experience with startups and efficiently managing consumer marketing efforts. The candidate:
- Excellent history of setting and exceeding challenging sales and profitability targets
- Experience working in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Strong background and hands on experience in digital marketing (Web/SEO, SM, Email/mobile)
- CRM and loyalty experience
- Highly analytical and data oriented
- A style for leadership and collaboration
- An eye for aesthetics and appreciation for design and detail
- Exceptionally high standards
- A customer obsession mindset
Nice to have:
- Success in a start-up or early stage company (high growth environment); if the candidate’s only experience is in large, established company environments, the candidate’s entrepreneurial inclination and zeal should be demonstrable
- “Can do it” marketing experience (proven ability to get great results with sometimes limited resources)
- Retail marketing experience
- Experience with a leading CRM system (Zenoti is the CRM and SMP partner).
- Multi-site experience in a service-centric retail or medical environment
- Experience with rebranding
- International/global experience
- Tattoo enthusiasts welcome
Education: An undergraduate degree in business or related area required. An MBA is not required, but a plus.
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive. A customized package, including base salary, annual cash bonus opportunity and equity. A competitive benefits package will also be provided.
The role will be based at the corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas.